- First, instead of cutting each length individually (which would have taken me ALL DAY) I spaced two chairs at the desired length, then wrapped the yarn around the backs of said chairs. Then I could cut all of the lengths at once.
- Second- I didn't tie a piece of yarn around the middle before sewing it to the cap (well, I did but was left with a big bald spot on the back of the head.) Instead I laid all the lengths across a table and sewed on about 10 strands at a time (from the middle) using a back stitch. This gave me a much longer "part" and covered more of her head.
It probably took me about two hours total to make, which isn't too bad. And it turned out so well! The wig is pretty secure too. Lilly did some major dancing and jumping and whipping it around before it finally fell off. Now I just have to clean up the ends, add some flowers and she is set! Lilly told me it needed the flowers. She was all "Duh, mom!"